Rohit Sharma (born 30 April 1987 in Nagpur) is a right-handed batsman and an occasional right-arm off break bowler who plays for Mumbai in domestic cricket.
Having started his international career at the age of 20, Rohit made his ODI debut on 23 June 2007 against Ireland. He played 108 ODIs before Test debut in 2013.
On 13 November 2014, Rohit Sharma scored 264 against Sri Lanka at Eden Gardens, Kolkata, which is the highest individual score in ODIs. He also first captain scores double century in ODIs.
In 2017, 65 sixes in a calender year for him. Earlier, AB de Villiers hold the records with 63-sixes in 2015.
Rohit Sharma TimeLine
- 06-Nov-2018: Rohit Sharma hits fourth hundred in T20 Internationals - the most by any player in this format. He went past the record of three by New Zealand's Colin Munro.
- 13-Dec-2017: Rohit Sharma first captain to scores double century in ODIs and become only player hits three double hundreds till date.
- 13-Nov-2014: Rohit Sharma notched up his second double hundred in ODIs, becoming the first batsman to reach the landmark, and also sped past Virender Sehwag's 219 registering the highest individual score in ODIs getting out for 264 off 173 balls in the fourth ODI against Sri Lanka at the Eden Gardens, Kolkata on Thursday.
- 02-Nov-2013: 7th ODI against Australia at Bangalore -- Rohit Sharma became the third player in men's cricket to record a double century in ODIs. Sachin Tendulkar (200* vs South Africa at Gwalior on February 24, 2010) was the first to accomplish the feat followed by Virender Sehwag (219 vs West Indies at Indore on December 8, 2011).
- 02-Nov-2013: In 7th ODI against Australia, with 16 sixes, Sharma has established an ODI record for hitting most number of sixes in an innings in ODIs, eclipsing Shane Watson's tally of 15 sixes during his unbeaten knock of 185 off 96 balls against Bangladesh at Dhaka on April 11, 2011.
- 02-Nov-2013: ODI series against Australia -- He's tally of 491 at an average of 122.75 is a world record for the highest runs' tally in a bilateral series in ODIs.
- Rohit Sharma is now the only player in the world to have played more than 100 ODIs without having made his Test debut.